Thursday, November 23, 2006

My New Found Love....

Corel Painter IX....
Man this is the software for you if you are in to painting and fine arts.....

This basically is a tool developed by Corel : the company the developed the famous and beloved Corel graphic suit, A special tool for Painters.... with the real time painting experience.

The enviroment or the work space is more like Adobe. You can paint with any medium like water colors or oil paints or pastels or air brush or.. you know.. you name the medium and it has it... and all sorts of brushes and tools... and the canvasas and surfaces of your choice... and you can customize almost anything....

the paint effects are amazing... the beahaviour of the paints are amazingly natural like.... they have special layers to work on water colors water color effects are amzing....

i'm still in the process of learning my way around the software.... but i've doen a few samples with different material and medium as experiments...

Water color on french watercolor paper.



The camel brushes, three basic colors, black and white. Just look at the water color effect.

A close up of the water..


Just look at that!! look how the high ligts has come out. Man its just like using real paint.

Oil paint and Oil pastel on Artists canvas - and diffusor tools.


The tools are amazing. and they provide a real time pallete to mix colors just like how you'd do it on a mixing pallete!!

Oil Pastel


One of my favourite mediums. Look how the grain has come out in the paper!!! superb!!! and the way it has smugded nicely!!! You really feel like you're actually painting with Pastels...

Oil Paint - again on smooth paper


Oil colors another medium that i love to work with.... its a forgiving medium unlike water colors my fav medium...

this is a truely amazing software.. this is only a tiny spec of what is really available in the software... I wish i had more time to write in detail about it... but I guess these small paintings I've done in a hurry will tell you alot about it than i actually say in words...

Art lovers... try it out.... Its truely amazing...

10 comments:

Lady divine said...

looks like ur gonna be occupied for a while...:) glad that u got something u really like..and love doing too..:) i dont know to comment on them much...just that they actually look classy...:)

Thackshila said...

Thanks sweetie.... you already have commented on it..

Anonymous said...

Hay Cool dude. This stuff looks awesome. Guess what I got my tablet and im hell exited about it. And with that I got Corel painter essentials 2 software and I think its great. Check out my latest post. And oh I like the painiting with the clock tower. Its really cool.

Thackshila said...

Thanks Dude.. congrats on the Tablet... painter workds fine with your tablet I think.. you said taht its a wacom right??

Anonymous said...

U know man I seriously wanna draw Comic styl ones. I go crazy with these MARVAL stuff and the amazing arts of those. I got some tutorials but I think what needs in the talent of creation.

Thackshila said...

yeah.. they're quite tricky... u should train urself in figure drawing... those are amazing line arts!! look at the emotions on the faces... you need some practise!!!

Thackshila said...

and FM that clock tower thing is really in the Galle fort you know.. I had pic that i looked at and drew... i cut out the minor details in it...

Anonymous said...

Exactly as I thought dude. I have a pic of that too. Well me being travelling around for a while and if i dont have that on my photo collection that would be quite amazing he he.

Anonymous said...

dude u alive?!?!?!

Thackshila said...

Yeah... so fucking busy these days... thanks.... I really do appreciate...