Saturday, October 14, 2006

Working on Saturdays.....

Yeah..... I know how you feel even when you think about it!!!!!

It is THE most annoying and irritating thing in my life..... Five days a week we work from 8.30 in the morning till at least 6.30 - 7.00 in the evenning.... and we have to work halfday on the the Saturday....
Now THAT sucks!!! I mean don't we have a life??? What are these people thinking??? We have things to do... there are stuff to be bought, laundry to attend to, Rooms and apartments to be cleaned, friends to go and spend some time with, and those thing are important... I rarely go home!! (coz I'm from Kandy) and I rarely spend a 24 hours with my parents or my borthers...

People at the office thinks that work is the most important thing!!! but when I really think about it.... Its not.... two years back I got sick and the doctor recomemded that I should get a weeks break from work and rest... I went to those people with the medical, but they refused it... after two days I collapsed at work..... my family went through shit.... it was only them who were there for me.... my very close friends, neighbhours and my family. I was thinking if something happened to me that made me unable to work anymore.... I'd become an asset gone bad... they'd replace me with another person... but my family and friends... they're the ones whom I'd have to depend on...
So I always try to be there for them when they need us.... coz we're all they got and they're all we've got....

Whats upsettig about today coz its my elder bro's birthday and my sis-in-laws birthday today.... all of them are in Kandy while aI'm stuck at work.... I have so much of work there is no way that I can go till late in the evenning....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude. I perfectly understand what u say. Look at me. Today is today and I’am at work. Today corporate culture is demanding more and more from the employees and this is where it starts. With my experience I know that whey you work harder and dedicated a few good years of your life to your job you get to some where that you can relax a little. I’am at that stage now. I have work but that doesn’t mean that I have to work my arse off. It’s all about how you plan it and basically the way you take it in to the mind. I can handle any amount of work or any long hours knowing that its what I like and proper planning will reduce that long hours. Sorry to hear that you missed your loved once B’days but sacrifices are a must in a job. I’am sure your family understands it very well.