Monday, October 16, 2006

and thats how fast the weather can change!!!

yeah.. not even two hours after me whining about the warm weather and the beating sun.... the sky turned the opposite colors and started a heavy rain....(well it was happenning for the past few days - rainig in the evenning) yeah it was raining cats and dogs and kittens and puppies!!!!

I'm not complaining about rain.... I never did... I alwasys enjoyed a little bit of rain.... but when it started raining right at the time when I was gonna step out of the office.... well that sucks!!!!

Still I'm happier and better off with rain (Yeah I know that most of you will think that I'm crazy or something...) but than hot burning sun where you get barbequed alive and start sweating all over.... I really won't mind getting a little wet...... !!!

One messed up thing about raining in Colombo is the stupid roads getting flooded!! I mean its THE most crapiest thing I've ever seen... when it rains all the water goes in the road not in the drains... obviousely the water cannot go in the drains coz the stupid drains has got blocked by all the stuff that those retards who live along the roads have dumped in the drain... and no one is there to clean them!!! Ultimately instead of cars we need amphibious vehicles or boats to go around on the roads once it starts raining!!!! Its terrible when you have to walk in the dirty water the drains and the gutters are flooding out.... YUK!!!!!

11 comments:

Lady divine said...

welcome to the lankan reality! it's simple.....we don't really have a proper drainage system in the first place. so we can't expect better than what you faced y-day. only things can get worse! i luv rain to anything else... i so wanted to leave office early y-day but ws stuck wwith wor and was here frm 7:45m till 9:30pm...with only a lunch break! i cud hear alot of thunder and hard rain but by the time i got off the building, it was only drizzling..Hallelujah!:)

Thackshila said...

Hell ya... Its nice to that someone else loves the rain!!! coz most of em don't!!! :-)
And work... yeah... It DOES take all our time and demands for more of it.. which we really don't have anymore even for our selves...

Anonymous said...

I love rain in the night. But not when I'am watching a movie at home haha.

The drainage system in Colombo is going under a major reconstruction these days after the fucking road collapse near the Maradana junction. I think its goanna go for another year or two. But at least it will ease a little of the problems.

Thackshila said...

Well if its a two year project the darn thing will take four years to complete....

I don't know whats wrong with these people... cannot plan and execute even a simple process....

Lady divine said...

i love gloomy cold weather with or without rain but i don't like the feeling u get when u hv to travel while it's raining.it's such a mess then.... im more for cold weather... to tuck myself in bed with a nice movie or a book and a hot cup of cocoa and chocolate chip cookies or brownies.....mmmmmmm.... lovely!:)

Thackshila said...

AAAhhhhh.......... talk about it.... nothing like that feeling.... a book is better than a movie from my experience!!!! and I'd love to have big glass windows where I can see the down-pour and the world around me getting beaten by the rain!! God I aslo simply love it...

When it comes to travelling.. well I wont mind if its not a short trip say around the city shopping groceries!! YUK!!!
but to go out on a loong drive its nice... I love cruising on roads like the Anuradhapura/ Habarana road on the rainy season... when the grass is fresh and u don't get headaches when u look out to see the vast planes!!!
thumbs up for ur taste in weather and how to spend time LD...

Anonymous said...

Well when the rain starts to come down heavy I start to think of these homeless people living on the side walks with babies and all. And the sellers on the pavement. When we enjoy rains its hell for them.

Lady divine said...

I always said life's unfair FM.... I told you how much i wud love to help out ppl... but wat can we do? just thinking abt them and feeling sorry for them doesn't help now does it? I hate the word poverty itself! it's such an unbalanced world, but everything that happens, happens for a reason...

Thackshila said...

Yeah FM, it is sad... it really is sad...
but there is a limit to as what we can do for them... I would'nt know how to handle it if I was in that situ... but i know one thing... I'd do SOMETHING wahtever it is.... to make my life better...
maybe its all about balance, when some people have more than they even know how much is their own wealth, somepeople can't even afford there food... life is a tricky and a vast subject... there is alot of things and processes in the world that we don't see or understand. we try to but we really cannot fathom the reasons as to why its happenning!!! what is the purpose of life and our existense itself!!!

Anonymous said...

Well Thakshika. There are different answers for your question in different religions. So I dont want to actually comment on it since we may agree or disagree on it. Being helpless is a tragic. Some can take it as a challenge and some may collapse. So some can change it and some cannot.

LD- Balanace of the universe is a very vast subject. Like I said before it can be truly understood by religions only. Science cannot do much of it still.

Thackshila said...

I do agree with you on that FM, science with all its glory cannot explanin that!! true that it has provided some daubtful answeres.