Thursday, October 18, 2007

Out and About....

Finally... The headaches are over and things are settled...
Basically BT decided that they should set up the phone line and my ISP decided that its time that they hook up my connection.... now I'm all geared up and back online....

Life was a bit tough during the past.... well month and a bit... now that I have my broadband connection up and running it'll be more peaceful....

Now I really don't have to sleep at 9.00pm coz i hate starring at the TV... actually I didn't have to since I got my PC assembled... still it took some time to get the whole act together...
apart from that life was very much ok....

Uni life is good.... They have some lovely helpful nice people there... I really like the people that I have to work and study with...
course work is interesting and enjoyable, i like the facilities... overall its good....

The city... well... it really doesn't buzz like London... its much more calmer than London or to that matter some parts of Colombo.. he he... maybe I feel because its cold... anyway... they say that the city is re-inventing itself in to a more modern and trendy one... and it seems that... the new shopping malls and everything is very good.... since its related to me... fashion wise the city has a long way to go..... you really cannot say that its a very fashionable city... they have most of the high street shops and brands... but its good... i like it..... and comparatively quite cheaper than London... in that case... every were else must be cheaper than London...
still I like the people... and it is peaceful... not much of a rush... and apparently its supposed to be safe and all that...

bottom line... i like it....

Hope things in SL is good... I do miss SL.. my friends and family mostly..... and the sweet fun packed life that I used to have... he he he...

2 comments:

Lady divine said...

Hi Thax!
Nice to hear from you again... and good to know that you'll be online more often too... would be nice to hear more about your life and what you're upto..
Also nice to hear that you've settled well and like everything about the place, people etc....

Do keep in touch and take care...

Thackshila said...

hey.. thanks LD... and oh yeah.. i've been missing this part of my life... (happened to be the best part) I'll write to you in detail... ;-)