Monday, December 18, 2006

After a long time....

Yeah.... A loooong time..... and two things are to be blamed...
1. The blog itself!!! something is wrong with this thing... I cannot log in to my account... atleast to comment... it was bloody irritating!!! But there was nothing I can do about it!!!

2. my busy life it self!! I am unbelievably busy these days!! so busy that I work on Saturday whole day and a bit of Sunday too.... and I'm ashamed to say that I've lost track of dates also!!! till one of my friends told me I was thinking that it was Thursday today!! NOW THAT was a messed up...

but to add a little bit of light to the boring busy life I went to see a stage play... the final show of "Horuth Samaga Heluwen!!!" by Jayalath Manorathne. Mr.Manorathne was not well so someone else played his roles but still it was fantastic...

Its actually two different stage plays "Horu" is one and "Heluwen" is another... now I'm clueless about the origins, some of the actors, who did the music, who wrote it... is it a translation or anything like that!! but I liked it... and the crowd was also good... didn't expect such alot of people to be there...
anyways I like the Horu part of the play.... its basically about a thiefe who tries to break in to the Mayors house and ending up in a big mess coz the Mayor who was not supposed to be there returned un expectedly with one of his girlfriends!!!! the story is too complicated to wrte down like this... but it was hilariouse... some good dialogs in it and some subtle hints too....

and the Heluwen part is also good... but i think its abit too rushed and not much body to it... maybe if JM him self did the part he might've kicked more life in to the character!!! but it also had some subtle critisism in it.. but could've been better... for some reason i think its a translation... I don't know for sure but.... anyway it was good entertainment.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hay man thats one of the entertainment I want to enjoy. Im missing stage plays for a hell of a long time now. I think the last I watched was "Thala mala pipila" by Jayalath Manorathna and I totally loved it.

Lady divine said...

to be honest, i've never ever watched a sinhala play in my entire life!!!!!! and sometimes i don't understand some of the stuff i see on T.V also so i need someone with me to explain when i get lost with it...

I should ask someone to take me to a play one of these days...

Thackshila said...

Well FM: That was a good play.. There was quite a few after that which were good ones...

LD: you should see one men... Go with someone who does understand the stuff... there is plenty of humour and critisism in them.. and dirty jokes too!! So go with someone whom you can discuss it later on...

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

i have a huge gap between myself n stage play. its too orchastrated... just don like the idea of such things, but if its a good laugh wudnt mind at al... its nice to hear your getting to watch a stage play even with ur busy work life...