Saturday, April 07, 2007

Is it too early to think of it???

In one of the previous posts I told you ppl that both my parents retired by the end of last year!!! and then they both caugth the wretched chickungunya thing!!! That was hell... it is still hell coz it effected both of them VERY badly... they couldn't walk properly coz of of the joint pains!!! me and my bro's actually took turns in going up to kandy to be with them and look after them... it was not easy... with work and all.... but we did what we could... but to be honest i don't feel like i've done anything at all!!! I don't feel like i've done enough!!!

Anyway... when their health went down and leaft them helpless..... if effected their minds VERY badly... imagine working straight on for more than 30years day and night.. having millions of responsibilities... being under pressure... and all of a sudden not doing much work... being at home... three years ago I would've thought "Hell now THAT is life!!!" but... being more or less a work o holic... and being used to having a million of problems and pressure... and liking all that.... I know how diffi it must be!!! I'm sure that they must be feeling like nothings... they must be feeling as if they're not important anymore!! specially with the Sri Lankan ways where no one has any regards for the elderly people in society...
And I can see that they're REALLY missing work!!! They miss being important, they miss doing what they did best in their whole life...

Like I told you before my mom was teacher... She taught in Mahamaya girl's school Kandy... two weeks ago I had to drive her their because she had somethings to do at the school... It was the first time she went back since her retirement.... I needed some help from one of the teachers there for an assignment so I also went in to the staff room with her!!!!
My mom was back where she belonged, with her friends and the children!!! I could see how happy she was just to be there!!!! It was like she had forgotten all her pains and aches and sicknesses!!! She even looked younger!!!

I felt something complicated!!! I automatically started thinking how and where I'd end at!!!! is it too early to think of that?? or is it never too early to think of it???

3 comments:

Parthi said...

i would say its pretty early to think of retirement...actually very early to think about it..just do what u do with passion and love and hope for happiness everyday and pray for good health...thats enough for now...the mroe you think about that far of the future..the more u are goign to miss the happiness of the present..and goign to regret it later..so enjoy the moment and live life for the fullest!

Lady divine said...

hey..u r still young.. you shouldn't let your mind wonder to that sector yet!

enjoy and work hard while you can... you cant be working till you take ur last breath on earth.. A time comes for everything..including retirement.. But when u r retired, you can always find other interesting things to do...:-) SO when the time comes, we'll discuss that..;-)

but I guess that's how most of the people feel when they've been working for a long time and then got nothing to do...
It's like staying home after exams or being unemployed and all... similar feeling i guess..

Thackshila said...

Thank for ur relies ppl... What you say it true!!! But life contiues to make me wonder!!!!